I’m looking forward to conference this weekend. In preparation I made a list of things I can do to prepare. What would you add to or delete from this list?
1. Pray for those who will speak in conference this weekend.
2. Pray that I’ll be guided by the Spirit to hear and understand those messages the Lord knows I need to hear.
3. Thank the Lord for my many blessings. Pray with specificity for those things I stand in need of.
4. Pray for the new apostle and his family. Ask the Lord that I can know by the power of the Spirit that the new apostle is called by revelation.
5. Repent and ask the Lord to forgive me of my weakness and sins.
6. Pray for my brothers and sisters in the Bloggernacle to be strengthened in their faith.
7. Arrange my schedule so I can hear every talk. Take notes of those talks that were of particular interest to me.
“I plead with you to do with determination the simple things that will move you forward spiritually.” Elder Eyring, BYU, Jan 3, 1999
What I the Lord have spoken, I have spoken, and I excuse not myself; and though the heavens and the earth pass away, my word shall not pass away, but shall all be fulfilled, whether by mine own voice or by the voice of my servants, it is the same.
(Doctrine and Covenants | Section 1:38)