There are many ways men reject God. Some do so loudly, others subtlety. Some proclaim their atheism while others ignore Him. The scriptures detail the history of the ways mankind reject their Creator.
The scriptures teach that where “much is given, much is required”. Those who know and understand the gospel, and more importantly, have experienced the manifestations of the Spirit are held to a higher standard by the Lord than those who haven’t had the same opportunity. The Lord sums it up in these words:
“He who sins against the greater light shall receive the greater condemnation.” D&C 82:3
This verse refers to an individual but it could be applied to a nation as well. Without going in to greater specifics, lets count some of the ways men and nations reject God:
1. Not relying on the Lord as we should. D&C 30:1-2
2. Loving both God and satan, but loving satan more. Moses 5:12-13
3. Israel rejected God because they wanted a King like other nations. 1 Samuel 8:4-7
4. Treating the Book of Mormon lightly. D&C 84:54-57
5. Not understanding the importance and value of the atonement of Christ. Alma 33:16
I will continue to add to this list from time to time. Do you have something you would like to add? If so, please do so.